Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Over the Weekend

This past weekend was a whirlwind! On Friday night, I worked. In addition to my office job, I work a couple night a week at a sushi bar... I have been working at the sushi bar on and off for going on four years now (!!!)... I started my junior year of college, came back after I graduated and had a hard time finding a full time job (I majored in Arts Administration... and it is slightly difficult to find a good, non-profit, arts job these days!), left for a few months, and have been back there two nights a week since November. Whew!

On Saturday night, the boyfriend's band, The Last Good Year, had a show at a local bar. It was so fun! However, it was QUITE the adventure getting TO the bar. My friend, Sarah's, car broke down halfway there, stranding us in a not-so-nice area of town. Long story short, Sarah and I pushed the car from the road into the parking lot of "Big Walt's", while my friend Angie steered. And keep in mind, we were all dressed up for a night on the town, complete with a red jumpsuit, short skirts, heels, and outlandish jewelry. I'm sure we were quite the sight!




But after hanging out at Big Walt's and refusing several rides from strangers, our friend finally picked us up and we made it there in one piece! I got the grey jacket in the photo below at H&M on Saturday for $25.00! It's perfectly 80's/boyfriend. I wish I had better pictures, but this one will have to do! (Sorry ahead of time, to my friend Katie for using her pretty face as well!)




And making his debut blog appearance, the boyfriend! Meet Joe. He's pretty amazing.



This is my favorite picture of the weekend. Joe, and his guitar player, Josh, rocking out. Hope everyone else's weekend was just as fun!



On Sunday, Joe and I went to a thrift store and then went to a pet store to play with puppies. As much as I love looking at the adorable puppies and playing with the ones out in the middle of the store, I really do NOT agree with pet stores. However my love for puppies outweighed my hatred for pet stores this time. sigh. Joe made quite the haul at the thrift store though! He got the most amazing seafoam green, old man, golf jacket I've ever seen for $1.50. We also picked up a Polaroid camera for $2.00. I wasn't as lucky, but I did find some great sunglasses!



1 comment:

  1. haha! that´s happened to me as well, we were 3 girls on our way home from a party and the car broke. it was winter and really freezing like -15C and we were so dead when we finally got home. :) happy days.

    ReplyDelete