Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White Winter (Hymnal)

Welcome to my first outfit post! I'm very excited that I am finally posting a daily wear, however, I'm NOT very excited about my self portrait skills. I need some serious practice. And a tripod. And a remote. Or maybe I can just sucker the boyfriend into being my personal photographer... Hmm...


Indianapolis was under a "winter weather alert" all day yesterday. We were supposed to get up to 9 more inches of snow! Luckily, we only received approximately 3". It still made for a sloshy day though. And while I'm a huge fan of winter and all the snow that comes with it... and while I think the fresh layer of bright white snow makes everything look BEAUTIFUL... I am really ready for spring!

Please excuse the poor lighting, cut off pictures, and bad poses. I promise I will get better at this!

I am really loving these shoes! I will admit, they were slightly painful (1/2 size too small... see below), but I love the way they look so I am willing to suffer a little for fashion.

However, this necklace might be my favorite thing about the outfit. The boyfriend got it for me for Christmas. I didn't even tell him I was eyeing it on ModCloth! He has exceptional taste. You will be introduced to him at a later date. I showed my blog to him for the first time last night. I think he liked it! It's good to know he's on board and doesn't think I'm crazy for posting photos of myself all over the internet! ha! He even asked when he gets to make his Olive Jane debut!

Shirt: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Steve Madden via Macy's
Necklace: Gift from The Boyfriend

2 comments:

  1. I love the outfit and your kitchen picture is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklace is magical!
    and i love the rest of your outfit too!
    Isn't it silly how us girls will suffer for the perfect pair of shoes?

    ReplyDelete