Friday, February 12, 2010

Bright White

This is what I wore yesterday. I received this skirt as a Christmas gift and have only worn it twice. It's slightly tricky to style, I think. I never know what color to wear with it! Last Saturday though, I stopped by H&M and picked up this grey shirt. It matches the skirt color almost perfectly, so I figured monochromatic on top meant I could try to pull off purple tights on the bottom! Usually I reserve bright colored tights like this for weekend nights out, but yesterday I wore them to work. Surprisingly, everyone at the office loved them! Anyone have any suggestions about styling this skirt for future wears?


I'm obsessed with this shirt, by the way. I love the lace detailing on the puffy sleeves. And it was only $9! Looks like I might be making another trip to H&M this weekend to pick up a couple more colors...
Overall, I was pretty pleased with yesterday's outfit. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend. The boyfriend is in a band (The Last Good Year- look them up!) and they have a show tonight! And it's Valentine's Day on Sunday. I'm not really into Valentine's Day... for a couple of seasons. 1. I do sort of agree with the whole "hallmark holiday" arguement. And 2. I think you should do nice things for your significant other year round! While we're not doing anything too special, we are planning on the mandatory V-Day date night, which is always a good time. Anyone have any big plans for the "holiday"?
Lace Sleeve Shirt: H&M
Skirt: Ecote via Urban Outfitters
Tights: Target
Black Slouchy Boots: Urban Outfitters
Knee High Socks: Target
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Belt: H&M

1 comment:

  1. love the detailing in that shirt! so cute

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete