Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Flowers

I know the saying is "April showers bring May flowers" but there have been more flowers thus far in my April than showers. And that is a good, good thing! :) These beauties were a gift from Joe. Such a great surprise!

I know it's only been three months, but when I first started this blog I was unsure of how long I would keep it up. Last summer I stumbled upon What I Wore, the first fashion blog I ever read. Through Jessica's blog I found a whole plethora of independent fashion blogs and was totally intrigued. At first I thought it was just all about documenting your outfits-which it is in a way... and that part is really fun! I love seeing how certain outfits look in pictures as opposed to how I viewed them just by looking in the mirror.

What I have learned over the last three months is that it's about much more than just showcasing your wardrobe. It really is a community. The women (and some men) who blog are full of amazing ideas. I've been inspired by countless numbers of outfit posts from different bloggers. It really has been fun digging around in my closet and finding old pieces I had forgotten all about. And I have actually shopped less since I started blogging too! (Of course there are the occasional "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THAT" moments... *ahem* seychelles heels!)

I also love that these blogs have inspired me to start thrifting again. I used to go to thrift stores ALL the time in high school and early college. Of course back then I was mostly buying little kid t-shirts, but every once in a while I would drag home a real treasure. My life has been pretty hectic lately, but once it settles down a bit the plan is to start hitting up vintage/thrift stores again on a regular basis!

Beige Cardigan: H&M

Pale Pink Tunic: Pitaya

High-Waisted Black Pants: H&M

Brown Belt: Forever 21

Oxford Heels: Seychelles

Necklaces: Urban Outfitters

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE these pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers are so pretty! and yes - the blog world is amazing! so many good ideas floating around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog & wanted to say hi! I adore your necklaces here, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete